This is a Now section. nownownow
This was last updated on .
- Prompted by the rehaul of this website and hurting from going manual, I’m attempting to build my own static site generator, maybe as a series of bash and Python scripts and converting pages to markdown.
- Making a static site boilerplate and local-only workflow (no node modules) with esbuild and HTML Validate, and writing a bash script to watch on file change to compile Sass.
- Learning uxn through Compudanzas’s tutorials. Hundred Rabbits have a bunch of emulators and more info on the stack.
- Revisiting notes from a PyLadies talk on web scraping with Python from a while back.
- Jag Talon’s HyperCard zine,“Still Going,” about old technology (now available in Tagalog!), and thinking about the right to repair.
- Local-first as a “set of principles for software that enables both collaboration and ownership for users” but not just within the software context, but as enabling the collective growth of small, local communities.
- Going back to Thomasorus’s reasons for making our own tools and feeling this resonate with me more and more.
- This line from Mañanita’s Bandcamp: “Not all had the privilege of being home. Not all count being home a privilege.”
- Networks are not communities: “Networks connect; communities care.”